We are pleased to announce that the guidelines for the writers' workshop at Norwescon 36 on March 28-31, 2013, are now available! If you participated in our recent workshops at Westercon or Norwescon, or inquired about them, you should already have received a notice. If not, please visit the Norwescon site: http://www.norwescon.org/program/writers-workshop/
- In most circumstances we accept 2 pieces from any one person, only one of which may be a novel excerpt, and neither of which may be more than 10,000 words.
- Submissions will be critiqued in private, live sessions at Norwescon in 2013. Most sessions use 4 critquers who are professional guests at the convention (almost always professionally published genre writers).
- We have certain requirements for submissions, including that you use proper manuscript format (and we WILL critique your format), send a cover letter, and that all stories be completed.
- Our deadline is VERY EARLY: December 2, 2012. So if you'd like to submit, get hopping! We set the deadline as late as we can each year and are not able to accept late submissions.
- We fill all the slots we can handle every year, so if you want to participate, we encourage to you to submit as early as possible.