- 16 novel excerpts
- 31 short stories (8 of these 2500 words or less)
- 25 fantasy
- 5 horror
- 13 SF
- 4 that are hard to classify
- 9 YA (or "could be YA") manuscripts
- Ages: between 17 and post-retirement
- Skill levels: writers who have never submitted before up through writers who have sold to pro-level magazines
We're also pleased that we will be scheduling a record of 5 Round Robin critique sessions this year. In Round Robin sessions, participating writers will offer to and receive critique from peers as well as receiving critique from professional volunteers. Learning to read critically and compose manuscript critiques is a useful skill that will help writers improve their own work, and are always happy to give participants the option to participate in Round Robins.
We'll be working with the Norwescon programming department later this month to begin scheduling dates, times, and panel rooms for our workshop sessions.